Food Processing in Iowa's Creative Corridor
This is one of the leading regions in the United States for food processing. A number of companies including General Mills, Inc.; Quaker Oats, a Pepsico Company; H.J. Heinz; and Ralston Foods serve the North American market from our community.
Due to the area's concentration of food processing companies already established here, the area provides abundant water, wastewater, affordable electricity and natural gas and invests in the regions already reliable infrastructure system.
Our region is perfectly positioned for rail and trucking to all major Midwestern cities with Interstate 380 running north and south between Cedar Rapids and Iowa City, and Interstate 80 running directly through the Iowa City area.
Targeted clusters include:
- Food manufacturing
- Breakfast cereal manufacturing
- Tortilla manufacturing
- Frozen food manufacturing
- Mayonnaise, dressing and other prepared sauce manufacturing
- Dried and dehydrated food manufacturing
- Bread and bakery product manufacturing
- Cookie, cracker and pasta manufacturing